Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 June 2017

Dr Who - I am the Brain of Morbius

http://i.onionstatic.com/avclub/3766/45/16x9/960.jpg
People of my generation will remember this 1976 series with Tom Baker as Dr Who. Personally I loved the clunkiness of Dr Who back then. It was a family date with the TV on Saturdays, supper on our laps, including my 8 year old daughter who sometimes hid behind the settee because it was so scary.

I now realise that I am getting like the Brain. I was chatting to a friend comparing notes & we both felt our bodies were letting us down. Physically we simply can't do things that we took for granted. We are turning into our parents - Mine always seemed old to me.

The thing is, maybe we need to develop a Zen, accepting, state as we age:-
  • Ok we fall asleep & are fatigued by many things. 
  • Ok the joints hurt & are stiff. 
  • Ok we can't open tins, bottles & jars.
  • Ok we forget things & our memory isn't what it was.
  • Ok we can't do the housework.
  • Ok we don't hear so well, so we don't enjoy big groups
Most of those things can be either accepted or solutions can be found.

The thing is that we are alive & have huge skills, experience & often qualifications. These are stored in our Brain. Data retrieval might be a little slow & unreliable, but all our life experience is there to be used.

I'm quite happy to be the Brain of Morbius so long as I find meaningful ways to contribute & maybe make things better.
http://shequotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Susan-Sarandon-what-you-are-is-the-point.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment