Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 January 2017

Good Friends & Ageing.

Another year gone - 72 & now definitely counting. The news is full of people dying who are in my age bracket & younger. But that's no bad thing. In a way it's a shame we don't reflect on mortality earlier, to make us value what we have more.

What I have is good friends. Friends who sent cards, who emailed, who posted me on Facebook, who phoned, who visited. Although I do love the excitement of opening presents, I really don't need anything. I did enjoy opening my cards & eating my porridge though. It's nice to know that someone is thinking of you.

Friends come into your life & they go. It's the nature of friendship. You need different things at different times of your life. The important thing is to value what people bring to your life & what you bring to theirs. I don't have any friends from my childhood, but I do from adolescence onwards. As you age you have to make a real effort to make new friends, especially if you move house.

When we are young we can carelessly loose friends. I have friends who have fallen by the wayside through misunderstandings, arguments, or simply moving on. Sadly I also have friends who have died, some far too young. When we are old we realise that the things that matter are health, a home, financial security, friends & family. People are important, whether they are casual acquaintances or really close friends that you could talk to about anything at all.

I am very lucky - I hope my friends last. They are important to me.


  https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/70/e6/e2/70e6e2eb49266ffd311a77be37f1a37a.jpg
Except when there's no sun. Have friends who are there rain or shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment