Search This Blog

Monday 2 January 2017

Angry with Apple.

Father Christmas bought me an iPod Nano 7 - Lucky me - NOT!

I am reasonably techie & also reasonably intelligent - senility isn't that far advanced yet. I have wasted hours, ably aided at times by an 11 year old grandson & my daughter, trying to get the b.....thing to work. Life is far too short.

This thing cost a minimum of £130. Apple is supposed to be an innovative company developing intuitive software for it's user friendly products - NOT! They are so cheapskate, like most tech companies, they don't give you a decent instruction manual & the online one is out of date.

I have Windows 7 Pro which supposedly supports a Nano. The first issue was downloading iTunes. There was some problem with a "part programme"which seems to be a common problem judging by the amount of comment on line. After a whole afternoon trying I gave up completely & ended up thoroughly frustrated & irritated.

Then 3 of us tried again & wasted a whole morning trying. We did get iTunes, which by the way I didn't want to be my default, I much prefer Media Player, but there is no choice.

Having got iTunes I naively thought my problems were over - NOT!

All I wanted to do was download the podcast of the Archers omnibus which I had missed over Christmas. I eventually found it on iTunes. I also eventually transferred it to the Nano. Hooray! I thought. Success at last. Persistance pays off. NOT!

I simply cannot get the b..... thing to play.

The tech support team are coming again this afternoon. Goodness knows if we will succeed. My point is it really shouldn't be this difficult. What is the point of clever technology which mere humans can't work? I'm reverting to my Samsung MP3 which was a doddle in comparison.

Apple I really do think you have a lot to answer for. I'm not impressed.
Apple iPod nano 7th Generation - 16 GB - Blue 
My advice - Leave it in the shops. 

PS
My lovely family tech support team sorted the problem - so simple - so annoying. I couldn't push hard enough to get the headphone jack properly into the Nano socket!

No comments:

Post a Comment