Search This Blog

Thursday 3 July 2014

ICTC - Microplane - Excellent Customer Service

Just to show that I don't just rant & complain.

I had a Microplane grater which my late husband bought me. It was the cause of a certain degree of hilarity in our household because kitchen utensils have never been high on my lists for presents. However I think this gadget is really good.

The only flaw is that it was an early model with a plastic frame. This fractured in several places quite early on, but if you held it carefully you could still use it. Oddly, because it had memories I suppose, I never did anything about the fact that it was broken. Not like me at all.

Anyway I finally got round to sending an email to the company. I have to say I am really delighted with their excellent customer service. Not a quibble. They didn't ask for proof of purchase or the return of the faulty item. (I did try uploading a digital image as an attachment, but it didn't work).

They offered a replacement, which arrived today, just a few days after the original email. What's more I had offered to purchase a slider gizmo that stops you grating your fingers. They sent this too - at no charge.

It is such a delight to deal with a company that takes customer satisfaction & service so seriously. It is also, in my experience quite rare, although companies are getting better. So huge thanks to Sonia & ICTC.

It's really nice to be able to praise a company in glowing terms. (Don't ask about my Wren Living kitchen saga which is still ongoing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment