Search This Blog

Thursday 23 August 2012

Computer Life

My computer contains my life & is my life line. I can remember being very scathing about how pointless & time wasting a computer was. Now I doubt I could function without it. I have a desktop, a laptop & a Tab!

I keep in touch with friends & family via email. I blog regularly - Blogging has kept me sane since my husband died. I don't actually care if anyone reads my blog, although amazing numbers of people do. I do it because I spend long periods on my own & I'm an opinionated person without anyone to share my thoughts with. When I'm gone there will be a permanent record of my views on almost any subject for posterity! Communicating is important. I'd rather have someone to talk to & share ideas with, but the reality is I don't. So I blog.

I use my computer for research a lot. I can sit at my desk & find out about almost anything. You just have to be careful about the reliability of the source. I book holidays on the computer. It's especially good for booking independent holidays & checking out hotels & transport. I buy clothes, books, presents all sorts of things from the internet & don't have the nausea of actually shopping. I also don't have to schlep into town & queue in a bank anymore - I do all my banking on line. I've also sold stuff on Ebay. When I'm really decrepit I won't starve to death because I can order food from a supermarket & get it delivered.

I catch up with TV I've missed on my computer & download music to my MP3. I also download my photos & photoshop them. There are probably lots of other ways I could be using it, but I haven't discovered them yet. I also haven't yet got to the watershed of boredom where I am prepared to play games on my computer & I certainly haven't tried internet dating!

I love my computer. It's always ready to play. It doesn't answer back. It keeps my brain active, but probably hasn't improved my backside! It does have tantrums occasionally, but I have the lovely Steve at my beck and call & he always gets it back on the straight & narrow. I do probably waste time on my computer, but that's something I've got plenty of.

No comments:

Post a Comment