Search This Blog

Saturday 5 May 2012

Every middle aged woman needs a Geek!

2 Blogs - 1 day - opposite ends of the spectrum!

In praise of Carphone Warehouse - I have just cracked my Samsung Galaxy Tab - Hooray!!!!! I've had it since before Christmas - it was my present to myself. My computer guru set it up for me & a techie friend tried to give me lessons. All to no avail. New gizmo's take more time now I find.

Anyway, in desperation, I went into Carphone Warehouse in Gloucester because I need to replace my stolen mobile. I didn't realise that you can pay for the Geeks to help if you didn't purchase from them. This lovely young man was absolutely wonderful. Patience personified. His fingers were nimble & quick & he knew exactly what he was doing, but he made me do things myself, so I really learned & hopefully remembered. (Not guaranteed). But I made scribbled notes & I've just accessed Skype & G Mail on my own for the first time.

I can't tell you how brilliant I feel. A problem solved is a great boost to the aged ego. I wish I knew how to send Carphone Warehouse this blog so they know what a treasure their employee is & how much I appreciate his help.

3 comments:

  1. I work for cpw and have sent this to the agents boss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! He deserves the positive feedback from a delighted customer.

      Delete
    2. I work with said agent. We are very lucky to have him. I will show all at work this in the morning :)

      Delete