Search This Blog

Sunday 15 January 2012

Presents 2

It's my birthday - creeping nearer to 70 - can't believe it! It's the first time in my life that I have been on my own on my birthday, (chest infection), & it really wasn't that bad. I am lucky, I have some good friends & communication is so varied. So, apart from the usual varied selection of cards & the phone calls, I've had facebook posts, Skype messages & texts & friends popping in.

I know my friends are mostly organised & have diaries, but I do appreciate that they remember. I'm also intrigued that Facebook & Skype must post a reminder of some sort. Communication is so much easier & quicker than it was. It does mean a lot to be remembered though.

I saved a couple of presents from Christmas so I would have something to open. (Not seeing my daughter till Wednesday). But, much as I enjoyed the surprises, it wasn't the presents which were important. I had messages & cards from people I wouldn't have expected to. I chatted to people I don't necessarily see particularly regularly. I felt surrounded by affection. That's got to be worth so much more than being showered with gifts - & it's free.

Did mean to open a bottle of bubbly - but somehow I never got round to it. So didn't even need booze to make it a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment