Search This Blog

Friday 25 November 2011

Reconcilliation

I've just met a friend who I hadn't seen for nearly 20 years. We parted in extremely difficult circumstances in which I think there was misunderstanding on both sides. We had known eachother for many years & our families had been quite close.

We have both had  some really difficult times in our lives. So maybe we are older & wiser now. Maybe too there comes a time when you need to try to resolve old conflicts & possibly renew old friendships. When you are on your own you realise how important they are.

I am so pleased that we have been able to talk about the extraordinary situation which we were in & cleared up some of the misunderstandings. I hope we will move forward together & put the past behind us & be able to enjoy eachother's company again. But if we don't I will still be pleased that we made the effort.

Life is too short to bear grudges and all to often they are based on knee jerk reactions & misinterpreting the real situation. We are all capable of saying things tactlessly in the heat of the moment, or taking umbridge at relatively minor actions or comments. It is important to talk & move on with a greater understanding. I hope we have done that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment