Search This Blog

Thursday 28 April 2011

Spring Cleaning

I've just moved all my winter clothes into hibernation & got all my summer ones out. Haven't been as stringent about throwing stuff out as I'd hoped. My generation doesn't throw out clothes which aren't worn out. There's a hierarchy, best - casual & house - gardening & walking. So stuff doesn't usually get thrown till it's falling apart. There is something satisfying about washing the winter woolies & putting them away smelling lovely though. Something about this weather makes one want to sort out & clean. I'd already done the kitchen cupboards.

I wish I could spring clean my mind & my life in the same way. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. I'd really like to be centred & mindful in my mind. Something happened with some friends recently which I was really upset by & I spent a sleepless night going through it over & over again. A complete waste of time. It had happened. Nothing could change that & getting upset over it only affected me negatively, mentally & physically.  People are what they are & are rarely going to behave as I would. Having expectations of others is a waste of energy & unrealistic.

As for my life - I seem to spend all of my time facilitating my single existance. I want to have time to read, to be creative, to do nothing. It simply doesn't happen. I don't have a list - I have a notebook! I'm on borrowed time, diminishing returns. I should live each hour to the full doing what I want to do, not what I have to do.

Must make more of an effort!  

No comments:

Post a Comment