Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 June 2020

Corona - Freedom - At a price?

Having been in my house for 10 weeks, quite happily I might add, the Government has now said I can go out & meet one person outdoors. I learned of the change from the media & there was no evidence given for the decision. Indeed the scientific community are very concerned at the rapid about face for everyone, but particularly people like me. The R number & the incidence of infection are both too high.

I have reached the point where I have no faith whatsoever in Prime Minister & the Cabinet of this country. The list of their failings in dealing effectively with Covid 19 is too long. One "cock up" after another from the very beginning.The Cummings debacle is the final straw.

I have always believed that you should take responsibility for your own health & well being & your own actions or non actions. In everything you do. I am perfectly capable of doing that.
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_banners/1153936643428163584/1579873738/600x200 
protectstudy.org.uk

I think I am well informed about my personal health situation & the risks posed to me by Covid 19. I am also perfectly capable of doing my own risk assessment, including the risk I might pose to others. I don't think that going outside for a walk is particularly dangerous if I keep distanced from people & don't touch anything. I also don't see that walking to my daughter's house & going into the back garden to sit & chat, distanced, poses much of a threat. I would quite probably have a cup of coffee too. On return I would obviously wash my hands.

However, I'm not going to do that just yet. I'm going to sit tight for another week or two. The 15th June is the day I complete my 12 weeks. The scientists say that another 2 weeks will show whether it is really safe to venture forth. Contact Tracing might just be functioning properly by then, although I won't hold my breath! (Excuse the pun).
https://assets-global.website-files.com/5e3d471e8cf4751833faf0f9/5eba4f60d7eb855b074181b6_download_UK.png

I fully understand the very difficult financial situation we are in & the need to get society functioning more normally. I also understand that people are fed up with all the Covid 19 isolating & distancing rules. It is an exceptionally difficult balance to be struck by the PM & Cabinet. I just think they have done this deliberately to take the heat out of the Cummings situation. They are fully prepared to take a massive risk with people's lives to deflect them from the furore over Cummings behaviour & the PM's inability to function without him.

Why go through all of this only to put it all at risk for a couple of weeks? It isn't logical or sensible.

No comments:

Post a Comment