Search This Blog

Saturday 22 December 2018

Cannabis & Chronic Pain (Fibromyalgia) - 2

I've been taking the Endoca raw hemp oil capsules, 1500mg CBD + CBDa, for a couple of weeks now. I took it on alternate nights for the first week. Now I take it every night. I stopped taking the last Gabapentin tablet I took before bed. I didn't want to take both at the same time.

It's always difficult to be accurate about the absence of symptoms. I think I may be sleeping for longer periods between the pain waking me up & having to change position.

But, if I have a more energetic day it doesn't seem to help at all. A couple of days ago I did a lot more walking than I would normally do. If I get to the point where walking is a huge effort & quite painful, I suffer more for days afterwards. So getting to sleep was very difficult because the pain was too intense, & now, even a couple of days later, it is very uncomfortable to walk. Sometimes it just isn't possible to pace yourself, you run the batteries completely flat & the muscles scream.

Having said all of that I have had chronic pain & fatigue for years, so it isn't reasonable to expect it all to go away in a few weeks. I have bought 3 months supply of the Endoca. I hope by the time I have taken it for that long I will see a real benefit.

I do believe that pain control is something that the NHS should be able to do a lot more effectively. It should not be beyond modern medicine to give sufferers real relief. For people with my type of pain it is like a black shadow constantly stalking us & inhibiting our lives, which is visible only to us. The world sees us as completely normal & it is really difficult to explain how our lives are dominated by pain.

Fibromyalgia is thought to be more common than statistics report, since many people do not seek medical help, or are misdiagnosed. There may be around 1.5-2 million people in the UK with fibromyalgia. 
https://www.nrshealthcare.co.uk/articles/condition/fibromyalgia
Image result for Images for Jokes about Fibromyalgia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment