Search This Blog

Monday 9 October 2017

Unpredictability

My good friend bought a digital piano to learn how to play. She is really enthusiastic & spends ages every day practising. When I went to stay with her I had a go & it reminded me how much pleasure I got from playing when I was a teenager. I had thought about going back to playing, but hadn't wanted to spend the money on an expensive piano which I might not play much.

My friends' enjoyment made me decide to do it. I ordered my piano today & am really excited about the prospect of playing again. I doubt if I would have gone ahead had she not encouraged me.

A random & unpredictable set of circumstances.

Going to work in Malawi was the result of a donation made to a charity. The CEO came to see me. I offered to help in other ways. I went out for a month to do a specific job. It was quite a meaningful experience I would otherwise not have had.

A random & unpredictable set of circumstances.

We tend to be resistant to change. We want things to stay the same - predictable - comfortable. We tend to think that unpredictability is bad - we want to control our lives. Because we don't welcome & accept change we lose opportunities. Doors don't open.

The older I get, the more I think that it's important to say yes to change. It's important to grasp life's opportunities & be open & outward looking.

Comfort zones are all very well but they are also boundaries. Predictability & routine can be very boring.

Life is for living. We should grasp it with both hands. We don't know when the journey will end.

That's the real unpredictability.

Image result for Jokes about predictability

No comments:

Post a Comment