Search This Blog

Friday 13 October 2017

Stealing Time

My mobile stopped working in the house last week. I couldn't send or receive texts. Such a pain. I have just changed over from O2 to Carphone Warehouse's iD mobile - much cheaper. This may be a mistake. It finally started working on it's own - iD did nothing other than send me a ridiculously long questionnaire to fill in. At least O2 sorted the problem out, when I had it before with them, with no fuss.

My "Smart" TV stopped working at the beginning of the week - It was smart enough to tell me there was no signal. My unsmart TV upstairs is still working, so obviously it isn't the aerial. Where the hell do you go from there? It has taken quite a bit of time to answer that question. I let it have a rest, thinking that it might be some temporary problem & it might fix itself - After all it is smart. Unfortunately not. My lovely, & very clever neighbour sorted out the problem this morning. I can, apparently watch TV on the internet. Who knew that was what a smart TV is for?

The wireless mouse on my desktop stopped working mid email this morning. I changed it's batteries - I do know that much. I removed the USB & put it back again - I go for simple solutions. No joy. So I got out the unused wired one. It didn't work either. I'm a big believer in rest & recuperation in all circumstances, so I turned the computer off completely. Both decided to work when I switched on again.

All three of these issues happened suddenly, with no warning & apparently sorted themselves out. My point is that technology is supposed to save time & make life easier. I don't know how long I spent trying to resolve each problem, but it was a long time & was very frustrating.

My Carphone Warehouse man, who is a whizz, told me once that I was lucky I'm reasonable techie. He said my generation won't stand a chance soon if they aren't, because everything is changing so fast & becoming so technology reliant.

I won't tell you what some friends said about Smart Meters. Suffice it to say I'm going to resist them till my dying breath.
Image result for Jokes about technology
Image result for technology jokes


No comments:

Post a Comment