Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 April 2014

A New Kitchen - 2 month anniversary!

It's exactly 8 weeks today since my old kitchen was taken out & the disruption began. There is nothing unusual or over complicated about the size of the room or the design. So the varying estimates given by Wren of between 5 -7 days should have been achievable.

The very expensive quartz worktops & upstands to replace the original choice, which didn't go, should have been installed last Wednesday. However they weren't ready - no surprise there. When they arrived, a day late, the fitters discovered that the upstands were too high. Odd that considering the state of the art laser device used to measure. So they went back. So far no communication whatsoever.

The remaining work:-
  • Fitting the upstands
  • Measuring, ordering & fitting the glass splashbacks, (goodness knows how long the lead time for that will be).
  • Adjusting all the cupboard doors / drawers, which are rubbing against eachother & presumably wearing away the paintwork.
  • Putting up the pediment.
  • Sorting out the high pressure tap, which isn't.
  • Doing the step tiling.
  • Replacing a light in the cooker hood.
I'm way past putting any end date on this. I think I have just become completely cynical about the abysmal administration & oversight of the company. Customer service just doesn't seem to figure in the equation.

I'm pathetically grateful I can cook & prepare proper food, but I am really angry now too. Not with the designer, or the fitter. They were doing their jobs. I am completely p...... off with Wren. Their communication between people & departments is non existant. So the client stands no chance of knowing what's going on or getting accurate information. The client has to know what questions to ask & who to direct the questions to. The only way to get any forward movement is to be continuously pro active.

I chose this company because I didn't want to have to project manage again. I expected an accurate  schedule of work & detailed paperwork of what the company would do & what I was responsible for. Sadly, I should have known better. It's such a shame because it is a good product.

No comments:

Post a Comment