Search This Blog

Saturday 18 January 2014

One Step Forward.........

Yesterday was a good day - A day to be savoured. The company who installed the roof on my house in 2006/7 finally sent two roofers to sort out the leaks into the study & the bedroom corridor. I've been trying to get the problem sorted since November with no help whatsoever from the vendor, who said he had fixed it. (He lied). The leak in the corridor got into a downlight & kept making the new fuse box trip out. But if I hadn't had it fitted the old one wouldn't have tripped, so goodness knows what would have happened.

The young roofers were a delight to have working in the house. Cheerful & hardworking as far as I could see. They also seemed to know what they were doing which was a big bonus. They were there for nearly four hours & found quite a lot to repair. The company aren't charging me, I'm pleased to say, because the roof is guaranteed. So I was really chuffed & thought once everything had dried out properly I could get the damage repaired. I really felt quite cheerful.

I should have known. I went into my ensuite this morning & noticed an odd wet plaster sort of smell. Looking up I saw two big new damp patches. When I went to look at the boiler above it was obvious that it was leaking. This is the new Vaillant boiler which cost an arm & a leg towards the end of November. The boiler that is the subject of a summons by me of the vendor, which is going to Court. At the moment I'm waiting for the plumber who installed the boiler to come & tell me whether it's a fault with the pipework or the boiler itself.

I simply can't believe the number of problems I have had with this six & a half year old house in the four and a half months I have been here. I must have done something really bad in a previous life to have all this bad Karma. I certainly can't remember anything that warrants it in this life. I'm trying to be calm and rational, but actually I want to scream & shout at someone. Why isn't work done properly? Why aren't things built to last & checked for faults?

The thing that is really wearing is all the time & hassle it takes to sort stuff like this out. I've got better things to do than chase people all the time. I'm fed up with the constant trickle / flood of money to put things right. (Although I am grateful that I can afford to do it, many people can't). Waiting for tradesmen to arrive is very frustrating. You can't settle to anything.

I just want it all sorted & a house that works. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment