Search This Blog

Saturday 12 October 2013

Heinz 57 Varieties

Not quite! Instead 57 large & very heavy boxes of Ikea flatpack to go in a corridor, the dining area, my study & my "arty farty" room. When you do the order you really have no concept of; the sheer volume & weight, the amount of space the boxes take up, the difficulty of moving just one box, & finally matching the boxes together to make a unit. It's a good job I cleared the sitting room area, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get to the kitchen.

Then there's assembling it all. Maryon, (daughter), is coming at 3pm with 8year old twins. If we can move the boxes I can't do on my own it will help. Maybe we can get a couple of cupboards done too. She may be able to help a bit tomorrow too with Ed, (son in law). Then a couple of friends are coming on the 21st to help. Now I see the size of the problem I really think I need to find "a man who can" as well. This is above & beyond the call of friends & family.

So, temporary chaos - again. The sheer volume of cardboard to be re-cycled is completely beyond my small re-cycling box. I need a skip if I'm not to be buried.

It is daunting, but it is also quite exciting. Once it's assembled I will have the pleasure, to a slightly OCD, organised, person like myself, of putting everything away. Neatness & tidiness will reign supreme.

That may be some time off yet though.

No comments:

Post a Comment