Search This Blog

Sunday 14 August 2011

Straight Lines

Have you noticed
How life is full of straight lines?
No deviation.


The juxtaposition of lines & right angles.
Rectangles.
Space enclosed in regimented lines.
Empty.
But are they?


Even a white space
Is a subtle mixture of shades of grey.
What about a blackboard?
Such freedom.
You can fill it with anything you like
And then destroy it.
I can say anything
However outrageous
And leave no trace.


Who invented boxes?
Without boxes
Where would you keep life's trivia?


The television is just a box
Full of people who aren't really there
Who populate my world.
I can create, destroy & re-create them at will.


Walls, floors & ceilings enclose me.
Rooms & their contents,
Represent my life.
Everything enclosed, fenced, rigid.
Why?


Are we safer within straight lines?
Contained, restricted.
No choices.
Why not round rooms?
I wish there were more curves.



Val Carlill - Written years ago & amended today.

No comments:

Post a Comment