Search This Blog

Sunday 19 June 2022

Covid Crash

I'm not sure what I expected, but not quite this. I haven't been able to find much information about what to expect if you are fully vaccinated, clinically vulnerable & elderly. There is a list of symptoms, but quite a lot don't apply to me. 

  • I don't have a high temperature, but do have bouts of hot sweats
  • I don't have a cough or sore throat at all
  • I haven't lost smell or taste
  • No diarrhoea or sickness

 I do just feel unwell & have 

  • Headachy symptoms & a weird fuzzy feeling in my head
  • Muscle aches
  • Breathlessness & an ache in the centre of my chest when I breathe
  • My legs feel like jelly, I've been totally sedentary for a week now
  • Complete lack of energy, unable to resist falling asleep

I know my body & I know this isn't the normal symptoms I have from chronic conditions. Normally I am able to carry on a reasonably active life day to day. A week of almost total inactivity isn't normal & is very frustrating. All I do is read, watch TV, work on my computer, or sleep. There are so many things I need to do, but I just can't do them physically or mentally. 

I understand that we had to move forward from isolation & shielding. I just feel that we are possibly relaxing too much. Covid is very debilitating even when you are fully vaccinated. I don't understand why so many have stopped wearing masks & distancing in enclosed crowded places. I don't feel that I can now avoid unwanted contact with possible carriers. The fact that I have got covid proves that I can't.

I'm a statistic.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment