Search This Blog

Friday 25 March 2022

Upheaval & Disruption

 I am living in a state of chaos with my builders. My house is permanently in a mess & dusty. This is not what any sane person would choose to do. I have been at the end of my tether. For example when I couldn’t cook a meal because neither the hob or oven worked. Or because my landline wasn’t live & there has been a mobile transmitter problem since February which means I have no mobile in my house or outside. Add to that it took 20 days to get my wifi working. Project managing this work means I need good communications.

Then there is the completely random way trades people arrive to work or not. They are all working on other jobs simultaneously with mine. The scheduling & organisation of work seems disorganised & unplanned. New fittings aren’t properly protected so are damaged. Builders rubbish is everywhere in the house & garden instead of being disposed of or stored in a yard when not needed. Individual trades people clear up properly at the end of the day, but not everyone.

On top of that the number of faulty or damaged goods is unbelievable. It isn’t just a broken supply chain. The side door & the bifold doors are the wrong colour. The fittings on the sash windows are wrong & have been put on with rusty screws. 

Actually living here is an eye opener. I can see how messy it all is. There is no organisation. Individual trades people are very good at their job, but there is no overall planning & organisation. To a great extent that must have contributed to the massive cost & time overruns, stress & sleepless nights.

I just want it finished & to be able to live a normal life. I have been patient & understood the constraints. But I have had enough. I am competent, but I really don’t have the physical or mental capacity anymore to    be able to do this for much longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment