Search This Blog

Sunday 14 February 2021

An Arm Full of Covid.

I've had the vaccine. 4 weeks ago. Hopefully Pfizer induced antibidies are charging around my system, preventing me from getting a severe reaction if I get Covid. I had no reaction beyond a painful arm for one night. Obviously I'm still observing the rules & being careful.

My local surgery organised the logisitcs of vaccinating the whole population of my area superbly. The Medics & Volunteers were wonderful. No waiting or queuing, the whole thing took less than half an hour. Just shows how excellent our NHS are at thinking through procedures & organisation. Maybe if the NHS had been allowed to organise the Covid response from the outset it would have been done much better. 

I'm not a sheep blindly following diktats. I use my own intelligence & reliable information sources to make decisions. I don't listen to bonkers conspiracy theorists on social media. I simply don't understand Anti Vaxxers & the harm they do - Is it simply fear? Not just Covid - the Measles jab is a case in point.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/05/gp-anti-vaxxers-mmr-vaccine-measles

I think Covid is a learning experience on multiple levels. There are all the climate change & ecological benefits we saw in the first lockdown. We have been given the opportunity to pause & consider deeply the lives we lead & the harms we do. There is the understanding that we live in a enormous World system where everybody is interlinked in many ways. Territory & Borders are irrelevant in a Pandemic. "The Butterfly Effect"  -  small things can have non-linear impacts on a complex system. A butterfly flapping its wings and causing a typhoon. ... Simple systems, with few variables, can show unpredictable and sometimes chaotic behavior.

https://exploringyourmind.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/butterfly-on-the-waves-e1536260007351.jpg

We need to cooperate worldwide. We need to share knowledge & resources equitably. We need to respect our environment & other cultures. The question is will we remember the lessons once Covid is under control? 

Or, perhaps more importantly, will politicians remember & be prepared to try a new way of working & governing that isn't short termist, that is inclusive & consensual. Most importantly, that isn't just about Power. 


No comments:

Post a Comment