Search This Blog

Saturday 18 April 2020

Corona - My New Normal

There really is no way I can describe my life, almost 4 weeks into complete solitary isolation in my house, as "normal".

I am part of a research study into the effects of lock down. I have to report in every week & do the same online questionnaire. I think I am coping very well, but I could be delusional! The hardest part is knowing that I am only a third of the way through lockdown. What will I do when there is nowhere else to tidy out, no more accumulated paperwork to shred?

If friends ask what I have been doing I am hard pushed to give much of an answer - that is "normal" for me though. I do know that I am never bored & I am always busy. I'm now thinking that I should make a timetable with varied activities. I'm very "task oriented", so up to now I have been doing "jobs" I hadn't got round to. I need more variety in the day.

I need to programme in the "normal" day to day routines - housework (such as it is), being online & making contact with friends, meals. Then I should make time for playing the piano, doing some sort of exercise to replace swimming, reading (all those books I have bought but not read), doing something intellectual & doing something creative. Otherwise there won't be enough to nourish all parts of my body & brain. I will age & wither away.

This is a test of ones inner resources. It's a test of control over emotion. There is no point in railing against enforced isolation. There is no point in any self pity. This is reality for now. It is what it is - we all have to get on with it & do our best to support & help others. We have to keep going & hope for better times to come.

This "New Normal" could be very beneficial - for each one of us, for society & for our world. We need to sieze the opportunities for a "Brave New Wold".
 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/proxy/AVvXsEjfc6okFj7hhnDnYgC-SQ6402u8Kxe0-d2wRq4lzYZ86powC693bevd__TpG_i2sjmyxB-RK07UZZjTsSkswp06ZdlE6xKdi8iOptHvG_LT-26Fb9shHwwiRSAIyJRziChhyogp2-znUESaLuICx96Q5mqE9RwGX5WPUuXRCFMYDUEQ9JNNET0mKjLPtf-zjLpx7lQUmRO9soVVxmKe1WTLGV_Ecw=


No comments:

Post a Comment