Search This Blog

Friday 3 April 2020

Corona - 12 days & counting

It's been 12 days in my house on my own. I did cross the road to have a social distancing conversation with 2 friends a few days ago, which was lovely. My wonderful daughter comes regularly & brings me bits of shopping & tasty treats she has made for her family. We have a conversation with me in the doorway & her half way across the road - no traffic of course.

I've also had to have my plumbers in the house, but kept a reasonable distance away from them. I was so grateful that they came. My underfloor central heating packed up at the beginning of this week. They came on Wednesday & it's an electrical problem, not a water leak thank goodness. The electrician was supposed to come yesterday to tell me which one of 2 different parts to order, (all the suppliers have closed down because of Covid so I have to order & hope they will deliver). Now he's not coming till Monday. Also my ensuite shower stopped producing hot water last week. The plumbers couldn't get a replacement part, (it was only 6 months old, so was under guarantee), because of suppliers being closed. Now my computer has got serious issues & Steve, who is my techie Guru, says I should back everything up while I still can & buy a new one ASAP. It's all extremely frustrating & time consuming. As if being incarcerated wasn't bad enough!

But, on the bright side, I don't have Covid 19. All the family are fine too thank goodness. It's important to keep a sense of perspective in light of the horrifying stories coming from around the world. What have I got to complain about?

To be honest its fine really. I keep in contact with a lot of people - by WhatsApp, text, email, phone, Zoom videoconferencing. The days are always busy, but I'm too sedentary. I spend far too much time on the computer. I need to have a list of jobs to be done & a timetable for the day with time to exercise, relax, do something creative & meditate in there, so I don't just keep working all day.
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/9a/67/9d/9a679d3bab8a36a12c1b7aac20345120--health-blog-health-fitness.jpg

I'm too task oriented. It will be a battle with myself.

2 comments:

  1. Agree we will need structure Val as we progress through this bizarre period. There are three in my household: me, Rick and Ling Ling our Chinese house guest so the experience is not so solitary for me. I spend far too long on my iPhone trawling through Corona news. Need to program in some exercise, piano playing and creative cookery. We have discovered watching live stream concerts which is something new for us. At the end of three months, or however long this lasts, it would be good if we can say we not only survived but thrived (to paraphrase Meghan Markle).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about playing the piano Val - I passed up to Senior grade in the London College of Music & haven't played for years. Maybe a goal should be to recover some of that skill. I used to cook a lot & be quite adventurous, but it hasn't seemed worth it now I'm on my own. We will survive this & I think in many ways we may be better for it. We all need to see the positives if we can. xx

    ReplyDelete