Search This Blog

Monday 25 May 2015

Spring Cleaning - My mind and other things....

At the moment it's my filing cabinet. The lightbulb moment of absolute joy was realising that an Ikea plastic divider tray would fit into the cabinet drawer & give me places to put all those irritating, but indispensible, little things that move about with a life of their own.

I started to take my mind off the nausea & headache I'm experiencing currently. Distraction technique is very effective. In going through everything systematically I have half filled my recycling wheelie bin. It is all truly theraputic.

Making space, de-cluttering, keeping only what I really need, it's very pleasurable. I just can't understand people who hoard to the point when their stuff becomes a burden, clogging up their homes & their lives.

I have to consider whether something will prove useful in the future. Admittedly I don't always get that right. But as I shed things, usually paperwork related to my past, I also shed the weight of that in my head. My mind does become clearer about what really matters to me now and in the future.

I really don't need all the financial paperwork surrounding the death of my husband any more. I don't need the paperwork relating to the County Court case I brought against the vendor of my home. Things like that took up vast amounts of my time and energy. They were draining, but were important to me at the time. Now I have moved on. My life has moved on.

I want to live now & move forward. The past is the past. Life is, literally, too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment