Search This Blog

Friday 28 June 2013

RAM / ROM & My Brain

Random Access Memory -  allows computer stored data to be accessed directly in any random order.

Read Only Memory - data stored cannot be modified, or can be modified only slowly or with difficulty.

My brain - struggling with overload. Too many things to do, remember to do now / in the future, check I have done....... The possible scenarios for error are endless. Stored data is frequently not immediately accessible. Conversely it may surface at the most inconvenient times when I haven't got a pen & paper. Then I can actually feel it drift out of my consciousness to sink into the quagmire inside my head. There is a constant frisson of anxiety that I will forget something vital.

I have lists - Endless lists. Hard copy & in my computer, which can be modified. My life is one continuous, prioritised, list determined by imperatives. My memory banks are overloaded. The black holes are full. Retrieval crashes on a regular basis.

All of this because I am hoping to move house on top of doing all the routine, day to day things I have got used to doing by myself.

Sorting out cupboards, sheds, the garage, the loft brings back the stored data of my life's memories which cannot be modified. Sometimes that is pleasurable, sometimes not.

I will be glad when this phase of my life is over. I've had enough now. It's been going on too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment