Search This Blog

Sunday 17 March 2019

Thoughtlessness Rant

I sometimes feel I can't be a member of the human race. People do such daft & thoughtless things, quite beyond my comprehension.
  • Occupying the outside double seat on a bus or having your bag on the spare seat, even when it's busy.
  • Getting on a bus without your bus pass / ticket / money to hand & holding everyone up.
  • Standing in the restricted space close to the bus door so people can't get out when there is plenty of space further in.
  • Standing, often in a group, blocking an entrance / doorway, often checking a mobile phone / chatting.
  • Walking several abreast taking up the whole width of the pavement.
  • Arriving late for a performance & disturbing the whole atmosphere. 
  • Going out of the auditorium to get food or drink during a performance - Obviously starvation & dehydration is much more prevalent than I thought!
  • Being so intent on your own agenda that you actually push someone out of the way / tread on their feet / almost knock them over.
  • Being generally impatient, especially in queues.
  • Talking very loudly - often on a mobile.
I could go on - but you get the picture. I feel people are becoming more impolite. The words "excuse me", "please", "thank you", "would you mind"..... seem to be used less & less. People also seem to becoming more impatient & even aggressive in what they say & how they say it as well as in their behaviour. Sometimes I cringe listening to how people talk to the people who serve them.

I remember when "road rage" became more common. Now I think that "pedestrian rage" is too. Sadly, a probably fairly small percentage of the population, seems to me to be on a very short fuse & very self obsessed.

It's probably because I'm an old lady & now live in a city. I hope so anyway. I'm offsetting rude & thoughtless behaviour by making an effort to really notice kind behaviour.
Image result for Jokes about rudeness

No comments:

Post a Comment