Search This Blog

Sunday 24 March 2019

Hope & Expectation

I'm past my " best before" date so I live in hope not expectation. It used to be the other way round. I think I'm still an optimist, a "glass half full" person. I know now I can cope with most things, but I don't expect the best outcome anymore.

I know the frailties of people, including myself. I have also experienced the caring & supportive capacity of people & hopefully returned the favour.

  • I've stopped expecting things to work for a reasonable length of time & have definitely stopped expecting to get them repaired.
  • I've stopped expecting a reasonable rate of interest from banks. 
  • I've stopped expecting people in highly paid jobs or politics to take responsibility for their mistakes & resign. 
  • I've stopped expecting politeness. 
  • I've stopped expecting to win a prize with my premium bonds - the very occasional £25 isn't worth it. 
  • I've stopped expecting what I hear or read in the press or media to be the truth. 
  • I've stopped expecting extremists to be reasonable & obey the laws of their religions.
  • I've stopped expecting humane behaviour in war & now expect "collateral damage" on an industrial scale.

Basically I've stopped expecting life or the world to be fair. It isn't. It probably never was & never will be. Sh.. happens to most people. There are just variable degrees of sh.. You just have to deal with it & hope someone is there to help you do it.
Captain Optimism

2 comments:

  1. Just adding to your list of non-expectations... I have no idea why but I stopped receiving email updates to your blog. I've subscribed again and hope that works. In which case I will rejoice that sometimes things DO go right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Griselda

    The problem is that Google+ has ceased to exist. I used to click it to share. I don't know who used to get email reminders that I had blogged, so I don't think I can do anything from my end. It's a real pain.

    I can send a link to a post from the blog itself, (which I've just done), but only if I know who email subscribers are & only for one post at a time.

    Anyone having the same issue needs to let me know.

    ReplyDelete