Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 July 2017

Pre Surgery

Well it looks as if my surgery might go ahead this time - on Friday. I'm on tentahooks, not because I'm worried about the actual op, because I don't want it to be cancelled again. The worst part will be how I feel afterwards.

I stop taking my anti-coagulant today - don't want to bleed out on the operating table!

I need to think about what I have to take, bearing in mind that there's just a small, unsecure, bedside cabinet. You might think it could be possible to put some sort of lock on it - but apparently not. I guess the chances of having stuff stolen, given that there are people around all the time, is low. But the other patients & I won't exactly be compos mentis & presumably the staff are quite busy.

I'm trying to tick things off my to do list. I'm also trying to ensure that I've got stuff to eat & don't need to shop or think about anything other than fresh food like fruit & veg. I cooked a lot of Tagine last night & have ordered cook chill food from "Cook". I hope there is enough room in my small freezer. I might have to ditch some things.

It's a question of thinking & planning ahead really, when you don't really know how bad the after effects will be. The leaflet they gave me is pretty comprehensive though & I'll know soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment