Search This Blog

Sunday 18 March 2012

Moving On

I have finally made my mind up to try to move house after nearly three years without David. Hardly a rushed decision & I'm really not sure it's the right one. I have made a life for myself here & will be sad to leave the friends & neighbours who have seen me through. I have been very fortunate, but it has given me some confidence that I can do it all again, even if I would rather not.

I haven't really got a choice. There are all sorts of reasons why this isn't the ideal place for me at my age and with various health problems. Sooner or later I would have to do it, so better sooner, before I have to, and while I am able. The thought of the sheer bloody hard work & stress of moving house on my own is daunting.

But I do have a very Zen feeling about life. Once you choose a path and commit to it all sorts of new possibilities open up. None of us know what is round the corner. Hopefully my friends will want to visit if I move to Oxford, so I won't lose touch, and hopefully I will make new ones too. People are much more important than things.

So, I'm on a mission to clear out junk - The charity shops will have a field day - again! Wherever I go will be smaller than this house, so the sooner I do it the better.

I'm not going to Oxford to live my life vicariously through Maryon & the twins. It's a head not heart decision. It's a transport hub & it's got a lot of interesting things to see & do. I fancy being somewhere that I don't have to get in a car every time I want to go somewhere. I'd like to be able to walk to get a take away. I don't want the worry, work  & cost of maintaining a big house & garden.

I think I'm due some good luck for a change, so I'm hoping this will go reasonably smoothly. But if it doesn't I'll just have to stay here & pay for more help. "Che sera sera". 

No comments:

Post a Comment