Search This Blog

Saturday 24 November 2018

Eeyores & Negativity

Generally speaking I am optimistic & positive. I don't worry about what might happen - I accept the worst case scenario, but in my experience it hardly ever happens. Life has a way of sorting itself out. Sometimes what you think is the best outcome isn't & what actually happens opens up new possibilities you hadn't thought of.

Perhaps because of that I find negativity very difficult to deal with. I am impatient with Eeyores, I find them too draining.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQI0E1WCLMU

In my experience Eeyores are impossible to argue with & therefore it is a waste of my time to try. Whatever life experience has made them into the people they are, must have been too strong a lesson to counteract. Trying to encourage positivity or counteract the weight of pessimism & obsession with self has too much of an effect on my life to be a worthwhile activity.

That may sound harsh. I accept that. But now life is literally too short to do what I used to - Listen & sympathise for ages. Offer alternative ways of looking at the situation. Suggest actions which may help.

Eeyores just want to download. They are really not interested in solutions. Their belief system is entrenched to such an extent that now I am just cutting to the chase & accepting my limitations to help.

In this complex world of real problems I need positivity & hope.
Related image

No comments:

Post a Comment