Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 July 2016

Rubbish & Rooftop Views

I've just climbed over a glass balcony & onto the second floor flat roof of my house. This is not something I wanted to do or found very easy. In fact it felt most precarious & involved balancng on a step ladder. The reason I did it was because some complete idiot had thrown a beer bottle up there which had smashed. It must have landed with some force because there was broken glass everywhere. Not good because it is roofed with a membrane which I'd rather not have pierced given the current "summer" weather.

I am intrigued. Why on earth would you do it - presumably either drunk or unintelligent. Or most likely both. Also if that is the case, how did he, (well it's unlikely to be a she), manage to get it so accurately, so high up, in a state of inebriation? Poetic justice demands that the bottle should have come down on his head.

The incident coincided with a large amount of fly tipping which appeared overnight on the pavement opposite. I didn't hear anything to alert me what was going on. Probably just as well.

Animals are very careful not to foul their own den. Dogs very rarely mess in their owners house unless they are very young or very old & incontinent. Why on earth do human beings who are capable of intelligent thought do it? It's completely beyond me. My wheelie bins were outside the front door. I would have been irritated, but it makes far more sense to put the rubbish in them.

Sense doesn't come into it though does it? There are, sadly, people who are completely mindless & generally don't seem to have to face the consequences of their actions. Other poor saps like me have to do the clearing up & everyone has to pay a price on their taxes for rubbish collection. We humans despoil our environment in all sorts of ways.

How sad is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment