Search This Blog

Friday 8 October 2021

Vaccines & Vaccine Refusers

I've got an arm full of Covid & an arm full of Flu. The whole thing went like clockwork. So easy & efficient thanks to the NHS & a lot of volunteers. Doubt the Government had much to do with the organisation given their track record.

As a child I was vaccinated against Diphtheria, Smallpox, TB, Polio. Not sure if I had the Measles, Mumps & Rubella. As an adult I have been vaccinated every time I have travelled abroad to places like Africa & the Middle East. I've regularly had Tetanus injections. As a medically vulnerable pensioner I have been vaccinated against Pneumonia & Influenza. When I've had hospital procedures I have been injected with anesthetics & been on drips. Here I am at 76 & I've never had any of those diseases. The vaccines worked! I have not had any ill effects at all. I am extremely fortunate that vaccines were available.

 

All through my life I have had health problems which needed medication. I have taken everything from Morphine to Paracetamol to control symptoms.

I do not know what was in any vaccines or medications. I never asked. I was just grateful that they were available.

What is so different about the Covid vaccines? What on earth justifies all of the "conspiracy theorists", the "Covid deniers", the "vaccine refusers". Have all of them never had any vaccine or taken any drug? Have they chosen to suffer all through their lives when they have been ill? If they have had vaccines or taken drugs, have they known exactly what was in them? No - of course not. 

The whole thing is so difficult to understand, because it seems so irrational. Why has it happened? Is it the prevalence of Social Media & Fake News? Idiot politicians like Trump who suggested drinking Bleach. 

I accept that there are a small percentage of people who have a good reason for not having the vaccine. But the majority are simply misguided & frankly gullible.

The problem is that their refusal affects everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment