Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 May 2017

Accidental Injury - 2

It's 11 weeks since my accident. I'm more or less back to what passes for normal. My left arm is still painful when I try to do some specific movements like taking a top off, but I'm back to swimming half a mile 4-5 times a week & can do back crawl now.

I still can't remember anything at all about the day of the accident until late evening when they were going to discharge me into the care of my daughter. (She says I was still doo-lally then!) I do think my memory generally is worse than it was. Before if I forgot a word it would generally come back to me fairly quickly. For example, yesterday I tried to think what Naan bread was called all afternoon. It finally came to me watching TV in the evening. The data is there - it's the recall that's the problem.

Finally, 11 weeks after the accident & over 9 weeks after I first contacted them, Saga's legal insurance underwriters have made a decision about allowing me to sue the car owner using my local solicitor. She can go ahead & pursue the matter with a good chance of success. I don't have to use the insurance panel solicitors in Bristol. Thank goodness.

It is completely beyond me why making a fairly simple binary decision has taken so long. It has needlessly increased the amount of time I have had to spend chasing them & added to the uncertainty & stress.

Oddly I feel sorry for the car owner, because I imagine she will have assumed that I have dropped the matter. This may come as a bit of a shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment